General Terms and Conditions Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten B.V.
Asselbergs & Klinkhamer BV is a private limited liability company with its registered offices in Etten-Leur, and which trades under the name Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten. All services provided by Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten are subject to the following General Terms and Conditions:
1. Assignments granted to persons employed by Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten are exclusively considered as assignments granted to Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten. The work will be carried out exclusively under the responsibility of Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten. The application of sections 404 and 407 paragraph 2 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code is excluded.
2. Subject to your consent, Asselbergs en Klinkhamer Advocaten will process your personal data or the personal data of employees of your organisation in undertaking its assignments. The processing of the personal data may be necessary on the basis of the assignment but also in the satisfaction of a statutory obligation by Asselbergs en Klinkhamer Advocaten. In the granting of an assignment, at the request of the attorney at law, a copy of a valid identification document must be presented. If Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten wishes to process the personal data for any other purpose (than completing the assignment), they will contact you separately to request consent for that specific processing.
3. Any liability of Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten under the agreement to provide services is limited to the amount paid out under the professional liability insurance policy in the matter concerned, plus the amount of the deductible, which under the terms of the above insurance policy must be borne by Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten. On request, information is provided free of charge as to the content of the current policy terms. Claims for liability by the client must be filed within 3 months after the client became aware of the event leading to liability.
4. In implementing the assignment, Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten is entitled to engage third parties, at the expense of the client, and to accept limitations of liability of third parties on behalf of the client. Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten is not liable for any failures of third parties who have been engaged, unless it concerns wilful misconduct or gross negligence by Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten.
5. The personal data will not be stored longer than strictly necessary or than legally required. Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten stores the files it has compiled digitally, together with the personal data contained therein, for a period of at least 10 years, after which the files may be destroyed.
6. These General Terms and Conditions are also applicable to any or subsequent assignments granted by clients.
7. The legal relationship between Asselbergs & Klinkhamer Advocaten and its clients is governed by Dutch law. The Zeeland-West-Brabant District Court is exclusively competent to judge legal disputes between the parties.